NIVA participated at the “Plastic in the marine Artic – from source to solution” summer school at Nuuk, Greenland, which took place during 30/7 – 5/8/2022. The program included both lectures and field excursions, where NIVA contributed as one of the teachers. During their fieldwork students collected litter from a beach near Nuuk and upon their return in the lab they analyzed these litter with the method “Beach litter deep dive”. They were able to register the type of litter collected and to identify their age and origin. Most of the litter they found was of a local origin. The results from this summer school have been published in an article in Marine Pollution Bulletin.
- SeaCleaner Wins Prestigious CNR Award for Citizen Science
- Successful Conclusion of the Nautilos Summer School in Oslo
- Innovations in Ocean Sensing: Advancements in Marine Chemistry and Deep Ocean Physics Instrumentation
- NAUTILOS Project Hosts Successful Policy Round Table at Ocean Race Grand Finale in Genova
- Nautilos Unveils Two Policy Briefs at World Ocean Race, Championing Ocean Preservation and Sustainable Development